Trusted Advice For
You And Your Family
Trusted Advice For
You And Your Family

Post Judgement Contempt Enforcement In Winter Springs

If an individual fails to comply with a court order regarding any aspect of family law such as child support, shared parenting or spousal support, a contempt motion can be filed to enforce the order.

At Peppler Law P.A., we assist residents who need to file a contempt motion, as well as those who face a contempt charge for not complying with a court order. We have a strong track record enforcing court orders and defending against contempt charges.

Attorney Peppler has more than 35 years of legal experience, much of it serving residents throughout central Florida in the full scope of family law matters. We work with clients in Winter Springs, Oviedo and throughout central Florida.

What Is Contempt?

Contempt charges stem from failure to adhere to any part of a court agreement. Some of the more common contempt problems in family law are:

  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to follow a court-issued parenting plan regarding visitation
  • Failure to comply with property division orders
  • Failure to comply with restraining orders or protective orders

Enforcement action taken by the court may include suspension of one’s driver’s license and motor vehicle registration, withholding a tax refund and wage garnishment. Our lawyers advocate aggressively for clients who are not receiving the child support or spousal support they are owed.

It should be noted that inability to pay is a valid defense against a contempt of court charge. If you are not paying child support or spousal support due to extended unemployment, or because of an illness or injury that prevents you from working, we can help you defend against a contempt charge. In these cases, you may be able to seek a modification to the existing agreement.

Reach Out To Peppler Law P.A.

Call 407-792-6697, or email us by completing an online contact form to schedule an initial consultation at a reduced rate. We can review the facts of your case and recommend the best course of action to achieve your goals.