Call 407-792-6697 To Speak To Our Attorney
Peppler Law P.A. Experienced Florida attorney
Contact Menu

Trusted Advice For
You And Your Family

My child is being withheld from me. What can I do?

Visitation interference is a serious matter. When parents are granted joint physical custody of a child, they must agree to abide by and respect the visitation time of the other parent. If one chooses not to do so, there are legal remedies available.

When one parent becomes angry or bitter toward the other it is often the child stuck in the middle who suffers the most. Forcibly alienating a child from one parent is not only emotionally damaging to the child, but is strongly frowned upon by courts across the nation. For this reason, a parent who is experiencing custody visitation interference can turn to the court for help.

A family court Judge can order make-up visitation time for the time that was missed. In addition, the non-compliant parent can be fined or ordered to perform community service. Depending on the circumstances and best interests of the child, a change in the custody plan may also be ordered. One of the best things an alienated parent can do is to keep an ongoing record of all denied visitations and other interferences. This will become crucial evidence if the matter has to be presented before a Judge. Some child custody interference matters can reach such alarming levels that criminal charges such as kidnapping can be involved.

If custody interference is something you are experiencing, contacting an attorney as soon as possible can not only offer guidance on how to preserve your own rights, but also how to document evidence. Further, the less amount of time you allow a child to become alienated, the less emotional damage both of you are likely to suffer. Keep your relationship in tact by taking swift action.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Distinguished Lexis Nexis Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated For Ethical Standards and legal ability Client Distinction Award The Florida Bar 1950 Lead Counsel Proud Member of Oviedo Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce Avvo Top Contributor 2013 Litigation

Get Help Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

3208 West State Road 426
Suite 1040
Oviedo, FL 32765

Phone: 407-792-6697
Fax: 407-792-2775
Oviedo Law Office Map

Phone Number407-792-6697

Fax Number 407-792-2775

Back To Top